[Review] Sweet Dreams 一千零一夜 Episode 1 - 48 (End)

Honestly, I'm watching because there's Deng Lun. Seconded by my favourite Dili Reba. I never knew it could be so painful to tolerate anything past that.


Granted it was cute. So cute to see the couple having snuggly moments that no one can put up with this blinding chemistry. But the plot is hitting both extremes, either bland and predictable, or downright ridiculous. I get it that we're trying to squeeze in all the emo devices, but cramming all sorts of twist into the last few episodes really boils people's blood. It's like you're slowing the car to a stop, but someone insists on ramming into the accelerator to start the engine roaring all over again. Just for that remaining three hundred metres. Not worth it.

My patience starts to cease at the fortieth mark. I remember myself scolding my beloved Re Ba for being dumb. I was angrier with myself for watching the show at that point of time.

Well, damage has been done. I stuck through with my Deng Lun, and thankfully I did because he is the most innocent peep in the entire show. Please have more works so that I can slowly salvage your screen time. *hearts pouring out from eyes*

Comments

Anonymous said…
She dreamed of him proposing, woke up and fell back asleep. The ending is still of her dreaming.

To me the ending is of Seven staying in bed all day dreaming. BoHai did die and Seven dreams all day...
Anonymous said…
The ending was rushed, as it tried to make closure to alot of the open story points.

BoHai imo appeared dead, everything was in the "dream scape" as the showrunner title is Sweet Dreams, this was the only way for her to be with her love.
It even had the shop where they talked about opening up together.

BoHai sustained enough damage with that car accident to walk away injury free in those final scenes, which could only point that it wasn't reality, tying everything back to it being her Sweet Dream.

Popular Posts