[Review] Because This Is My First Life Episode 1 - 16 (End)

Last drama of the year (drama drought for me huh) and I'm dedicating it to... *drum rolls* ...the widely acclaimed Because This Is My First Life! *cheers* *poppers* *cue screams*

Well, I don't regret it. Per described, per endorsed, per raved. It's not the type of adrenaline gushing romance that hypes you up all the way to the sky, but rather, its consistency and close to heart story lines that warm you up from within. I think age does matter as to selection of dramas, I wouldn't have got the underlying meaning were I still in my teenage years.

Love has taken its shape into many forms, and very often it is translated to other responsibilities as we moved on to attach other connotations to it. The drama started with the questioning of marriage (do we necessary have to follow the tradition?), and sought to tweak this conventional meaning into something more valued by youngsters nowadays - practicality. If our situational needs could be matched, marriage could simply be nothing more than two pieces of paper joint to contain the rules and contract for both parties to live together. Screw it, and we shall part ways.

But if we rip the duties off the entire marriage packages, perhaps we could identify the foundation that is holding on to this idea tightly - Love, and love. Our characters grow overtime to learn that love is the basis of marriage, and whilst dislike and conflict could taint the relationship in some way or another, the power of love and longing could eventually supersede and bring people closer to each other. Who knows, you just have to try to see who is the right one for you. 어차피 이 인생은 처음이니까 ^^

Comments

Popular Posts