[Review] KO3an Guo 2017 終極三國 2017 Episode 69 (End)

I hit Episode 69 wondering how they're concluding this series when...


they ended with a solemn birthday song. WHUT?!

Apparently there's gonna be Season 2. Hmm. I can't decide if this' a wise move or not.


KO3an Guo has always been my favourite pick out of the entire franchise, and as much as I attempt to watch the 2017 version with an open heart, I can't help but reminisce the old version. George Hu was such an endearing Guan Yu, with his persistence seemed less obstinate compared to Sam Lin's. And I swear the drama's punchline was wayyyyy much better. But 2017's Zhao Yun wins the overall MVP, I am utterly convinced of the character's suave setup (Look at 2009's and mehhhh, why do the girls even flutter?) Liu Bei and Sun Shang Xiang score the highest point in both versions, I'm willing to buy into these couples' adorableness, and Diao Chan seems less one dimensional in the 2017's version, which is good. Last but not least, I think I miss the old villains evilness, who truly boil my blood with their wicked laughter. This bunch here seems too dumb to achieve any evil intention.


I may be full of grumbles but yes, I will wait for Season 2. Zhi Ge is retaliating, you know!

Comments

Popular Posts