The Liar And His Lover Episode 9 - 11: The Sad Idol

I know right. Chan Young is one pitiable character, always a step too late to grace the party. What do we do with this lonesome figure shrunken amidst the jovial crowd, all hurt and stricken?


The looks he gave throughout the episodes. I thought my heart is pierced and shredded a thousand times, despite my utmost shipping for Han Gyul and Sorim. We could argue that Chan Young is deeply moved by Sorim for recognising who he is and what he's made out of, an attention notably missing out from the others, and now the yearn evolves to some significant amount of jealousy every time he sees Han Gyul and Sorim being chummy together. Knowing he'll be wounded in the process, he lets himself in anyway, and this is when I screamed Noooooo~ Such unwise decision!


This is what you get, bro. I would have given you a hanky to blow your nose if I'm right there beside you, and a pat on the shoulder as the complimentary.

This show is picking up fast so it keeps me pretty much invested. No strenuous plot to follow, the character trajectories are intriguing, and a happy me to stick around till the end.

Comments

Popular Posts