[Review] Descendants Of The Sun Episode 11 - 16 (End)

I was all determined to finish this before the television does.


How should I phrase it. A sigh of relief? For we are ending this tug of war with a temporary peace. With laughter and a joyous wedding, least expecting a volcano eruption to interfere this merry occasion.

Looking back, DOTS hasn't been able to grow on me despite the gusto it'd stirred previously. I know the guys are exploding with machismo, I know Song Joong Ki is hot like hell, but I'm just, yunno, stoning throughout, except having heightened awareness that it's hard to date a special force soldier. We have many potential moments of Big Boss and Wolf leaving for dangerous missions, but never has the show once made me think that they won't be back, which is a pity. If only poignancy is injected to make their absence more worthwhile, or sacrifices more significant, I would have thrown in more credits.

But Onew's story does bite on me. While it is natural instinct to flee in the face of danger, Chi Hoon was eaten up by guilt and took a great ordeal to recover from his trauma. I would really salute to each and every who volunteers at a disaster relief, that is really courageous.

Descendants of the sun, thanks for brightening up our skies and keeping us all safe. Loyalty!

Comments

Popular Posts