[Review] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo Episode 14 - 16 (End)

It takes one week to resign to fate. But it's going to take one century to recuperate.


If I were to name one couple with the best relationship goals, nothing pops up in my mind except for this pair. They have superseded love and friendship to become an inseparable pair, they are the support for each other in their weakest moments, and they are the most devoted to this budding love, which has now grown so strong it is indestructible. It is amazingly satisfying, and downright heartwarming to see these characters mature, together with their love.


All these while Joon Hyung has been the pillar of support for Bok Joo, so it is nice to see a role reversal when Bok Joo lends out her shoulder for Joon Hyung to lean on in his state of despair. Love is never one sided, and we know that a mutual rapport is definitely one vital element in strengthening a relationship in the long run. Up till now Bok Joo has always been on the receiving end, and to see her take prioritisation in Joon Hyung over her other 'important' stuffs touches me, an action starkly juxtaposed with Shi Ho's decision previously. That is why this duo really deserves each other.


Character wise, I must be outright lying if I say Nam Joo Hyuk doesn't play a part in making Joon Hyung perfect. Admittedly, the character has a string of traits so irresistible and heart fluttering, but Nam Joo Hyuk aggravates(?) the situation by pouring in all his charms and cheekiness to make Joon Hyung such an endearing guy. Stop, stay right there, don't break the rules! We might very well decide to live in dramaland and never come out again. Apart from school, I must laud his performance and congratulate Nam Joo Hyuk for finally graduating from his greenhorn acting skills. Welcome to the heart-throb club, time for more works!


That aside, I definitely have to mention about Lee Sung Kyung, who isn't in my good books until recently when this drama airs. This girl has brought out all the charms of Kim Bok Joo, and make this character so lovable we cannot stop loving her. She is tough yet adorable, strong yet vulnerable, a swaggy person but also a cute little princess at the same time. I have literally nothing but praises for her, and I don't think I will forget about Bok Joo and her amigos in a short while. Swag.


My feelings right now. Exactly an exemplification of my reluctance to part with Weightlifting, that tingling feelings. You know what I mean. It has been so enjoyable, I had my fun and I'd love to see Bokjoonhyung again, if you two ever decide to turn up anytime, preferably at my doorsteps. For now, goodbye, and thank you for this awesome coming-of-age drama.

Comments

Popular Posts