[Review] Goblin Episode 15 - 16 (End)

Somehow I just finished it. And somehow, I shed some tears on the way without knowing why.


Grim Reaper and his girlfriend practically steal all the scenes I'd thought the show is better off naming itself as 'Grim Reaper' instead. How could there be a love so heart-wrenching and endearing it pains the heart to see the star-crossed lovers being torn away for each other for several life cycles, enduring the agony and crying rivers of tears but still pining for a day to reunite?


Which probably makes me the happiest person when Sunny and Wang Yeo meet in Sunny's final life - it's really better than nothing. I'm satisfied already, really.


The second most powerful romance coming up will none other be the one between Grim Reaper and the Goblin. At this point of time we really have to doubt the need for a female lead. From how I see it, Ji Eun Tak is merely filling up as a female red herring for this duo's bromance, and we totally know who's the real mistress of the house washing the goblin's briefs away. We just need to keep these two bffs together to complete the magical family, or trigger a fainting President Kim. Hah.


Speaking of which, I think Deok Hwa is remarkably blessed to have a person like President Kim around. For how many K-dramas that we've watched thus far, this type of character is bound to swallow all the inheritance when he rises in power. But no, not for President Kim! I love his loyalty and I-don't-give-a-crap-to-your-nonsense attitude towards Deok Hwa, but at the same time, guiding him as a fatherly figure when President Grandfather is gone. Imagine if President Kim isn't here, both Kim Shin and Deo Hwa would probably be facing crap and poverty already.


All in all, Goblin isn't that a fabulous drama in retrospect to the publicity it'd received, but strangely enough I'm so drawn to the wretched entanglement between the Goblin and the Grim Reaper it keeps me going till the end. As for any tangible/intangible lesson learnt, probably nothing except for not to take my own life or kill others easily. Oh, and that strutting with spring onions can be extremely stylish too.

Comments

Popular Posts