Goblin Episode 5 - 9


Bulging eyes and raised eyebrows. Exactly my face when I look at Goblin now. Sorry to all Goblin fans but I have to say this - it's losing one big steam that I'm already questioning the drama's sustainability. Still hanging on there, barely though.


Quite a pity the plot has reduced itself to a state of stagnancy, where it dwells on a stale exchange of wistful stares and draggy romance. Right, I was once so excited when the hilt could be touched, but then Kim Shin's sudden change in heart makes me think that maybe a win-win situation could be living just another eighty years (what's eighty compared to nine hundred?) with Eun-tak before turning into ashes. Solved. Then we're introduced to the frightening consequences of not pulling the sword now, followed by all the sorrowful glances and silent tears between the lovebirds, and a Me who is utterly bored out. *Switch to Grim Reaper who brightens my day so so much instead.


This friend is totally on our side. He's flat out honest about his reluctance to see Kim Shin die, he's all out to show his attachment for Kim Shin, he's downright adorable to fluster over Sunny's messages, and he's awfully distraught to find a mere human barging into his teahouse just to pee. Hah. Seriously. He is such a pleasant folk now that I wish he doesn't regain any memory of his previous life, albeit impossible seeing how the story is moving towards.


How is he going to redeem his past sins...? Apparently the only thing left in this drama that I'm interested in.

Comments

Popular Posts