[Review] Age Of Youth Episode 12 (End)

This drama is definitely making it to my list of honourable dramas till date. It is rare for me to be enchanted by solely girls, and even rarer for me to be attracted to literally all characters in a drama, major or small. I care about their stories, I care about their lives, and I care that they all turn out well eventually. I'm one of them already, apparently.


The ghost that lives in our heroines' hearts gradually gets exorcised with every resolution made, with Eun-jae's conflict wrapping up as our finale and Belle Epoque moving towards an open ending direction. Honestly, I'm really surprised but at the same time, intrigued by the show's decision to subtle imply Ye-eun's abnormality at the very end. She always thinks that she's the most normal out of everybody, but in actual fact, is subconsciously suffering from her post kidnapping trauma. We don't end all things in a good note, do we?


Second to that, I love how Song's white lie habit comes in handy to save Eun-jae at the very end. We may not know Song's deepest secret after all (since it's not unravelled), but it won't be difficult to connect it to her inclination to make things up (lol at the UFOs, like seriously). Her decision to swallow the truth and reassure Eun-jae otherwise really moves me. Talk about friendship power.

 

Not leaving out romance, I'm so ecstatic to have our girls partnering off with awesome guys with heart of gold. Everyone's loving their girl in their own manner (the hospital scene is classic), and their consideration really makes these minor characters so memorable and layered with depth. Yina's good friend may not have the most scenes, but a few cameo is already enough to tell us that he is a great person beneath his sugarboy facade and definitely worth Yina's catch in future.




This' probably not the end, and till the next season... Belle Epoque, FIRE!

Comments

Popular Posts