Woes And Boos

Perks of my job constitute literally nothing except for the blip I can detect to be Kang Haneul's flight today lol. My friend said I'm a sasaeng fan to track him down with radar, but it's okay, at least some solace is sought (since I can't make it for the fanmeet tomorrow). Oman my idols, stop coming to Singapore cos' I ain't have any energy left to tailgate euuuu. T.T

That aside, I need to warn against all about Scoot refund voucher, which is a hell lot scam if you're completely/partially ignorant of its terms and conditions. The story goes like this...

Trouble brewed the moment I signed my job offer. I have to postpone my trip to Taiwan, so I spent a good few hundred bucks to change the date. Now the tickets probably cost as much as if you fly by Singapore Airlines, but it's ok, I'll take it. Then I realise it's near impossible to go on the new date either. Shit. I thought refund would be a better idea now, at least I could get half the money back. But to my horror, I have to 'bid' for that. Bid, or appeal, whichever it is. Whutt. Apparently this appeal takes one week to reveal the results, which is usually unsuccessful unless you take the lowest refund offered straightaway. I tried multiple times, and after a month of ding dongs here and there (with a declining refund as time passes), I gave up and accepted the refund. $84 out of the $700, fine. Then I decide to use this voucher for my Krabi trip - it says only applicable for Scoot ONLY flight. Confounding, ain't I on Scoot website buying Scoot tickets? So I have to scroll through all details to discover that flights on Scoot website include partnership with Tigerair, mainly those bound for Malaysia and some for Thailand and Hong Kong. So please note that if you see an orangey plane icon, it refers to 'operated by Tigerair'. The lighter yellow indicates Scoot. I have to redigest this fact and plan for another ticket before the voucher expires, perhaps a one way ticket to anywhere first that cost roughly $80. Perhaps Bangkok then, if I can't make it eventually then I'll accept the fate of wasting that amount of money. Till the last page that I clicked, it told me only part of the voucher amount can be used. Why. Oh, only on basic air fare, which is $15. In other words, the $84 has to be utilised on a more expensive ticket which has a base fare of at least $84. Which means I should fork out more on an uncertain flight. Whutt. I had enough. I'm throwing this voucher away.

I know budget flights are scheming in such a way, but I've never expected them to stoop so low. Lesson learnt for the day, never book a budget ticket and try to get a refund. It's equivalent to dumping it to the wastebin.

Comments

Popular Posts