[Review] Mirror Of The Witch Episode 15 - 20 (End)


Wah cannot, I cry liao. As much as I was complaining about this drama since episode 15, last scene had me in tears because Heo Joon cried. Yes, I'm that vulnerable to guys' tears.



Contrary to my belief, the show actually sets its mind to crush hearts by tearing the protagonists apart eventually. Till the last minute I was still refusing the outcome, but then credits started rolling. Whut, nooooo! Yeon-hui is gone for good, and Heo Joon could only reminisce the good o'days alone, in his own little fantasy world and at the place they first met each other. Along with the kite that soars high and above, symbolising their imperishable love .

Objectively speaking, this drama headed off really strong. Plots were neatly packed in place, then the emotions and executions were powerfully played out I could only shriek in delight here and there. Then started its downfall when Yeon-hui enters the palace for her face off with the cranky Shamaness. The royal family contributed no less than all to the nuisance, and everything turns awry when the game rules alter by themselves for convenience sake. Half the time we're battling the Shamaness to stop her from performing black magic, then the show decides to tell us that we could've just burned her blade instead. Say earlier please. I rolled my eyes when that was revealed at the later stage, like, seriously.

I couldn't hold more grudges against shows that dipped/dove/plunged halfway, this drama is one great example of those disappointments I wouldn't want to bring up again. I salute the cast's acting as always, but with a deteriorating script, guess none can work miracles.

Comments

Popular Posts