[Review] Gakkou no Kaidan Episode 8 - 10 (End)

I'm surprised I have not reviewed this drama before. It was abandoned halfway last year (and I could barely remember where I've left it dangling at), but out of a sudden curiosity today I've decided to resume and see what actually causes the angst in Kei all this while.


Whoa. So he was literally thrown into paralysis because of an impetuous prank. That's cruel. Now I can resonate with Kei for harbouring all the revenge thoughts (and carrying them out), and till the last moment when he decides to end his life and the whole revenge plot - sob. Thank goodness Miss President steps out in time to deliver her final speech that managed to reel him back, not forgetting a peck on the lips to proclaim her love for him. Har? A love confession out of nowhere? Hah, ok, gladly accepted since he thinks no one loves him and you volunteer to do so.


Generally, this drama talks about a school that is segregated into two worlds - the Elites and the Peasants, where the former enjoys all privileges and the latter lives in suppression. Haruna, the Peasant representative, sets foot on changing this corrupted system with the assistance (and manipulation) of Kei, who cleverly exploits emotions and words to craft out powerful propaganda for Haruna to overtake the school.


I would probably appreciate if the story can cut an episode or two on conquering the hearts of certain individuals, mostly because it was boring me to tears and I still have say, five more 'heartfelt' rallies to listen to. Urgh. Life's too short to listen to all these words yo. I find the drama alright, not too dumb to criticise, nor too awesome for me to clap my hands in approval. A decent one, watch if you have time to spare, or if you can stand Kei snarling ten out of ten episodes away.

Comments

Popular Posts