[New Drama] The Four 少年四大名捕 Episode 1 - 34

I refuse to believe that my golden weekend has ended NOOOOOOOO! The past few days were absolute happiness indulging in my new found love The Four, because I've excavated yet another gem buried in the dramaland - Chinese actor Yang Yang. He's duper hot in the show omgosh, the dashing scholar (ok he's a constable) one would ever dream and expect from a historic drama.


Story and filming wise I found it still lacking (in comparison to The Glamorous Imperial Concubine), and I advanced through the episodes rather speedily since the story and characters spent most of their time dwelling on the same spot. The transition was jagged in such a way that we're conveniently thrown into conflicts for lame reasons (so absurd that I found it bemusing), and they would be somewhat resolved when the scriptwriters feel that it's time to do so. Whut. I totally don't get why Wu Qing has to suffer amnesia, for comic relief?

Another thing about historic dramas that always catches me off guard while predicting the show direction is - People die as easily as how babies are switched at birth in k-dramas. I swear I will scream if you make Wu Qing die, but then again my instinct is none of the four nor Chu Li Mo (played by Janine Chang wheee my favourite), so let's trust this instinct and move on with the show hahaha.

Comments

Popular Posts