Japan 10-Days Trip 2016

Who would've thought Japan was a last week affair? I'm not quite sure if I'm feeling solemn over my last day of freedom (work starts tomorrow), or I'm plainly missing the cold weather and food heaven in Japan, all I know is that growing accustomed to is such a scary thing! At first I dreaded holiday, like duh, what's there to do at home; but now that holiday was a boom and staying at home is a wow, I'm so reluctant to return to work. Well, times like these I would appreciate having tuitions - at least they slowly prepare me back to facing reality. Time to get my butt moving, rahhh.

Nevertheless, I'm going to document the unexpected trip (for the year) down. Here starts my food journey!!! (PS: The main objective for this trip is to eat.)

1. I fell for wagyu beef.


The day when fats don't taste like fats. The meat is so tender and juicy it literally explodes and melts in your mouth, my gosh. Placing the delicacy on the #1 spot!

2. An owl treat.


Nope, not owl meat hahaha. Those who are close to me know that I seriously hate flying objects, so owls naturally fall under my dislike list even before I interact with them. But know what! I pluck up so much courage to the point I let one rest (and regurgitate some weird stuff out) on my head! Haha #yolo.

3. Snow shower at Himeji Castle.


We shrieked in joy like some country bumpkins. LOL. Reason being we weren't in much luck in catching any snow (Kyoto snowed as soon as we left), so this little fluffy shower totally thrilled us. Completed with Himeji as our backdrop, perfect.

4. Climbing Mt. Hiei.


I think I really love to climb mountains now - It's a must when going overseas!!! What makes Mt Hiei  even lovelier is its fusion of snow and green scenery. Nature's a wonder, isn't it.

5. My first snowman.


Can you believe I didn't make any snowman before, not even in Korea, during winter??! To compensate my no-childhood, cheers to my first snowman.

6. Egg dishes can actually be a horror.


If you think that nothing can go wrong for an egg dish, you're wrong. Imagine the disbelief on my face when I tried poking the egg yolk (that looks runny) with the strength of an ox to find it not budging at all. I asked my friend how's her rice roll, and she responded by cracking her rice grains under her teeth. #overmicrowaved #gudetama

7. Levelling up to deers.


This was me at first. But half an hour later I was busy cuddling them away, so tame and cute!!! Beware of their droppings though, they're everywhere.

8. Underestimating the cold.


That windy day in Namba was really the most ultimate, funniest, coldest, speechless and teeth-chattering ever.

9. Ramen is my life.


Nothing can supersede the importance of ramen. I think I had... four ramen meals? I can eat ten more, hahahaha.

10. Get well soon, my friend.


Last but not least, the friend who shook me on the first day when she cracked her knee. Thanks to her, I now know the layout of Kansai airport by the fingertips hahahaha (my first ever trip to a local clinic/hospital too lol). Glad that you've stayed strong and made this trip an enjoyable one, now, go and get your knee cured! Hah.

Done! This wraps up my Japan for this year, till the next!

Comments

Popular Posts