The Meaning of LOA

Half a year ago I would have understood 'LOA' as Leave of Absence, a form of break taken from university to pursue anything I want outside curriculum. Today, this term is redefined as something new, something that would probably change a large part of my life from now onwards. The Letter of Appointment.

So I officially signed this LOA today, which means my fate is sealed for the next 3 years. Went for the medical check up as well (together with some other ATCOs to be), and I was absolutely horrified to know that blood testing was included in the checklist. WHUT. I'm probably the only person freaking out though. The conversation between the nurse and me:

Me: Is it painful?
Nurse (while tying a string around my arm): Depends on individual. Come, hold on to this plushie and keep on squeezing it.
Me (squeezing with all my might): Can you see my veins?
Nurse:... Honestly, I can't see your vein. But I can feel it.

But I can feel it. Tell me how not to feel jittery.

The blood drawing seemed to go on forever, I swear I could feel all my blood getting sucked out like a black hole (though to my surprise it was only like, less than 10ml). And I whimpered pathetically.

Me: So pain T.T This is my first time.
Nurse: Oh no wonder! Your vein is so fresh.

Lol. Are you picking some grocery from the supermarket, still fresh leh.


Poor hand. Come I sayang you.

Anyway, a pleasant thing that happened during the checkup was none other than finding my height not shrunk at all (I've always thought I'm shrinking), and my weight fell below 50!! 49.8kg hahahah omg my first time hitting the 4 digit since... primary 4? This is definitely something worth celebrating. ~off to the fridge~

Comments

Popular Posts