The First To Go

And I shall be a little sentimental tonight.

Just ended the final lesson with my one of my tutees whom I've taught for four years, and he is the first one I'm starting the tuition farewell streak. Over these years I have seen and grown with him, he as the lazy bum and me as the ignorant and inexperience tutor, to today where both of us enjoy discussing how certain science theory can be proven otherwise. I love his transformation from being a primary school brat to a mature secondary school student now (what's more, he now excels in his mental sum and algebra yay!), and that he starts to be influenced (by me haha) to see things in different angles, that learning is full of possibilities. Though it still stands strong that grades are important in the Singapore context, it is very important not to lose one's dream or passion for learning. Be curious and hungry, be humble and creative, and you will eventually find 1001 answers to a single problem. Impossible is nothing *peace*

Felt so acknowledged and loved by the mom and tutee, my tutee's startled face when he realised I'm not continuing, and the mom's suggestion to pay me to take leave, or ask him to come to my house for tuition instead (he relies on you a lot!). Lol. But like what I've said, you have become more capable than you think you really are, and your self discipline will lead you to the correct path (though definitely, you can always message me to ask me anything). So be confident, and you're be fine. 니가 내 학생이니까.

Omo I cannot imagine saying goodbye to my favourite yishun brothers. My heart will cry sob sob...

Comments

Popular Posts