[Review] Death Note Episode 11 (End)

Not like I anticipate anything merry, but isn't this a little too sorrowful?


With the last crazy glint in the eyes, Light's eventually swallowed up by the flames as he stretches his bloody hand to reach out for the burning note book, though in futile attempts. All these being watched by the grim reapers, which is a rather creepy scene.



We couldn't say that Light's method is right, but neither could I bring myself to fault him for his thinking. His happiness for a blissful family is seized by the criminals, crime rates continue to escalate despite people like his father slogging hard (in the expense of his family) to catch the thugs. A death note drops out of nowhere to solve his problem, and he decides to share this solution with the others of the same plight. What's wrong with it?

Just as Light puts it, no one should have the right to snatch happiness away and cause the pain of the others, both the families and friends. In any case that it happens, these people should be wiped out. But the moment a name is jotted down onto the notebook, isn't Light putting himself alongside to these people? He has ironically become one that he loathes, one that draws pain to family members and friends whenever he kills a person. He has made himself a criminal that in his opinion, should be killed, sadly.

I have (with all efforts) stayed away from the death note series despite its immense popularity all these years, this is the first time I'm exposing myself to the ending and I'd say I really like it. It'd be even better if L and Light are buried together, and I can't wait to see what's installed for the 2016 version, with another new pair of Ls battling their way out each other. Till then!

Comments

Popular Posts