[Review] Anime: Charlotte Episode 1 - 13 (End)

Ever since Natsume Yuujinchou there has been no anime good enough to earn my thumbs up until...Charlotte appears. It's so mindblowing it blew me off to outer space! How can there be only thirteen episodes????!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!


I thought it was just a plain story with youngsters wielding superpowers, how they identify more allies and build a syndicate out of it, and finally challenging a big Mojo Jojo at the very end. No, I'm wrong, that's only the beginning. My greatest respect to the writers for coming up with a complex story plot that packs twists ahead of our expectation, so that we go wheeeee and wahhhhhhh and noooooooo in full force emotions. I have absolutely no idea this is going to involve some time-travelling adventures, hidden memories and powers, and last but not least, the withholding of the greatest 'plundering' ability. In fact I'm almost sitting on needles when Yuu was embarking on his looting mission, because I'm just so afraid that he might lose himself (which he almost) and succumb to become a destructive monster. Love pulls him back into sanity, and that's really touching.


A great anime I'd recommend for everyone to watch. Now it's time to search for another equivalent, urgh. Hah and special mentions to the teleporter guy whom I love very much: no taste of adolescence for you anymore kekekke. But at least you're saving yourself from spilling more blood just to grab two plates of beef tongue curry.

Comments

Popular Posts