People-watching

And I just ended my interview at sph and am slurping some teh-bing (ice milktea) at a coffeeshop. Time seems to crawl only when you're waiting (for tuitions)...

Well, we've tried almost everything, but have you tried people-watching at a housing estate kopitiam? Proudly slapping myself on the chest and saying I have, as of now. It is more interesting than you think about it.

Toa Payoh is known to be an old estate in Singapore, cluttered with early days HDBs and shophouses which are mostly occupied by our pioneer generation. I don't drop by here often, but stepping onto this area opens up to many surprises, one of which is the brimming ren qing wei around the neighbourhood. People literally sit around staring at each other, drawing chairs to the walking pavements and claiming a territory there. Hahahahhahaa. I see the bangladesh cleaner chatting with a housewife with her kid; I see a Chinese woman hanging around with an Indian boy with a game on his hand. Everyone is lazing their late afternoon off, including me.

Which is also the best way to do some soul-searching and clear the thoughts in my head at this time. Somehow, the future look so bleak... I wished I could pass this stage soon.

Comments

Popular Posts