[New Drama] Death Note Episode 1 - 5

I mean, how can I miss it?!

Truth be told I've never sat through the movie, nor have I flipped a page of the manga, but here comes the drama version and I'm utterly thrilled.


Light, are you sure that's not Jaejoong hiding beneath that skin?

Every episode I'm just so invested in rooting for Light and his intelligence that I've decided to forgo all moral values I have (about equality of lives) and be a heartless fellow. Much to my surprise I wasn't fascinated by L (prior to this show my love for L is more than Light) at all, I mean, he's as eccentric (and eerie) as ever but he's totally not oozing out the charm Matsuyama has as the precendent L. Instead, he feels pretty much like a zombified block, obsessed with sucking packet juices, changing shirts, and showing his no six-pack tummy.

Please, look at Light's abs. Look at his brain. Look at his hair. He's shining.

Ok I'm directing to the wrong focus. The show basically excels in the plot, which has the two protagonists engaging in ingenious brain fights and trying to outwit each other. I actually think they do value one another as opponents, because it's not everyday you get to compete with such admirable rivals of similar intelligence level. If only they can team up to rule the world... OK IM NOT DIGRESSING.

Gosh one episode per week, the torture of waiting begins now.

Watch this drama here!

Comments

Popular Posts