[Review] The Glamorous Imperial Concubine 倾世皇妃

I need a veeery long time to recover from this tragic ending...

If you bother to visit the wikipedia page and do a simple read up on every character, you will realise that all sentences ended with a death word. The very reason for my howlings since episode 30 onwards - I don't care if you kill the villains, but the male lead too? NOOOOOOOO~!!! I'm not even referring to Wallace anymore, you know?


It is extremely demoralising to watch everyone's doomed in one way or another, whether it's burned, drowned, poisoned, fall, or pierced to death; and the last person I was expecting to die was Meng Qi You, I mean, why sacrifice him at the last minute? Can't you just do us a service by letting him survive miraculously after all the mishaps? It is so sad omo I'm tearing again.


A wretched but wonderful drama I'd say, but I'm giving second thoughts to reading the original novel since I don't think I can survive another round of emotional turbulence like this again. Nonetheless, it is fuelling my interest in chinese historic dramas, I shall go and dig the list of dramas done by Yan Kuan, Ruby Lin and Wallace hohoho.


I like this person's commentary (which made me tear), 说得真好!
http://i.mtime.com/2389494/blog/6662596/18/

愿得一心人,白首不相离。当初馥雅说这句话的时候,如此淡定坚决,全然是爱意浓烈的味道。到最后,终究是一场大梦一场空。 祁佑死或者没死,又似乎不那么重要了。虽然我一直都强烈鄙视那种一个死一个没死的虐心虐身结局。可是也许,我们所感怀的,不是这样一个风度翩翩才识卓绝的少年郎,不是这样一个为了一个人甘愿放下所有的有情人,我们所流的泪绽放的笑,都是为了他们之间那段教人不能不动容的爱情。

Comments

Popular Posts