[Review] Kill Me Heal Me Episode 20 (Final)

Goodbye, Yona. Goodbye, Yoseob. Goodbye... Segi.


The final farewell with these remaining characters really blew my mind. They were beautifully carved characters, so realistically different from the others and as if they have a heartbeat of their own. Segi, who has been absent for quite some time, breaks our hearts the moment he reappears with his anguish, those hurt and longing eyes. If I'm granted a wish, I hope Segi can be reborn as an individual, free to ride his attention-grabbing sports car and don himself in chic leather jackets. More importantly, to live and breathe his own, to love the woman he loves as a person, as a man, and as himself.


Kill Me Heal Me explores a fresh concept of split personalities, specifically seven in total, and brings us upfront to every unique personality living inside Cha Do Hyun. These characters are eventually strung up to reveal a painful past suffered by two children, the victims of power struggle and child abuse. As much as we are constantly reeled back to the basement (which gradually wears us out of our patience) where two little children huddle close together and cry for forgiveness before a looming black figure, the lovable interaction of the different personalities always had me back to my feet, rooting for the show despite it sliding a little at the back (due to the repetitive flashbacks). I'm simply glad the show didn't attempt to drag Dad's part when he finally woke up from his coma, but wittingly step onto this storyboard to expand on how Segi deals with his long years grieves and then comes to accept his fate to leave Rijin and Dohyun.


I will call credits to Jisung's superb acting, and yes, to the theme song. This is one of the best theme songs I've found that fitted a drama so perfectly, that lingering, excruciating, and bittersweet pain pricking your heart. Listening to it can't be any better at the post-KMHM stage.


Sidenote: Ewws they guest star yuri to freak Ri-on out, though it's quite funny hahahaha. I thought of Yona the moment I saw the pinkish ribbons on her head, HAH.

I'm sorry but I just have to paste this picture.

Comments

Popular Posts