Tao Bao + [Review] J-drama: Nobunaga Concerto

I just tao my first bao at taobao, so exciting! Haha it has so many gifts, points, discounts and tips as compared to qoo10, and more importantly, DAMN CHEAP. Almost half the price of gmarket. Ok I'm going to tao more baos if my first item (aka a kitchen hat for my mom) arrives successfully. :D

Meanwhile, let's review on a Japanese drama I've recently finished. It's called Nobunaga Concerto, a historical drama set in the Sengoku Era (warring states period) of Japan. I'm impressed, one of the best J-dramas ever watched.


A rough introduction: it stars Oguri Shun who (with no reason) was transported back to the warring states period (when samurais still perform seppuku aka stomach cutting) and he swapped with a country's leader (played by Oguri too) to run a little state. It's not easy, especially when wars break out as common as you eat your meals, and lame dots keep threatening to spill their intestines out. But what was most fascinating to me was Oguri's modern items (and thinking) being towed out for usage, especially when he went to the extent of bestowing an adult magazine to one of his followers (hahaha!). I love the follower's infatuation with the paper models lol.

Anyway, a thought after the finale. Can't believe *spoilers alert* that Hanbee was beheaded like this, before he can accomplish anything great (He's playing the role of zhu ge liang yunno). AND he's one of my favourite guy, so killing him at exactly the last minute really shook me (Look at his confused/shocked/betrayed expression! T.T I rather die like Nagamasa in his buddy's hands). So the real Nobunaga has the evil intention to make use of Saburo (fake Nobunaga) to conquer the rest of Japan, before taking Saburo down with a swish of his sword. NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT YOU EVIL POK. You mean the guy in the history textbook is this cunning fox who claims victory to be his own? He's a fake! No, I mean, yes, he's the real Nobunaga, but he's not the real Nobunaga who leads everyone to truimph! Someone gotto stop him!! 

Alright, that's just some useless whining, since the drama has ended. I would recommend slow watching (an episode in a few days) to maximise the pleasure of understanding this drama.

Comments

Popular Posts