[Review] Pride and Prejudice Final Episode

This takes a huge deal of perseverance to finish, and not let any swearing slip off the tongue. Previously my drama kakis did warn me about the crappy ending but I was too stubborn to listen. See, now I'm plain irritated.

I'm just going to breeze through this because reviewing a bad drama is equivalent to hanging me by the toes. It started out strong, but nose dived straight into a patch of quicksand and got mired down instead.

I can't even remember the good points of the drama anymore - it seems like the naggy plot has worn off all sorts of excitement (brewed from the major revelation, which is a pity) and replaced it with an endless grinding of I-dont-even-know-what. Ok, it' clear that the drama has intended a bigger conspiracy, that the string of events are the work of a mastermind (or group) manipulating the picture from behind. But so what. We don't want a boss who's constantly being ambiguous of the side he's taking, or a hot-headed trainee who flies off the handle more than she eats and breathes. Or a next-door uncle cum your-mother-murderer who sends false hope he will do something big (by lurking around) but end up being a vase. Or a protagonist whom you are still deciding what verdict to give, probably a bad remark though. It's actually just a scale of how bad you are, and how rotten the story was written.

Having skip watched most of the episodes at the back (and honestly, it speeds up the way they speak), I am certainly (1) Confused whether the boss was the true Park Man Geun or was him preparing to be slaughtered;  (2) Confused with the '3 years later' plot device. You should just scrape that off, Show, it's not making me feel any better.

And if holding a court trial means having merely prosecutors to question and debate, may I know what's the point of having lawyers around? Stop kidding me dude.


Note*: Apparently some drama critics commented that Pride and Prejudice holds a deeper meaning in the jurisdiction system, but I still can't bring myself to buy that story. Whichever, we're free to hold all thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts