SG50: Local Champions

Well, reality is sinking in fast now. As a citizen of the Mao Tribe, I proudly announced that: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS~


Never have I thought that we would grab the first prize, not when I randomly chanced upon this competition on a school email and decided to jio my fellow maos to participate in it. We weren't that serious after all, not when we had our first meeting with Bok Seng and realised that THEY were serious about it. That began our hectic November/December/January schedule, and not forgetting numerous complaints and grumbles we had when subsequent deadlines were up. But then again, what's joy when you don't experienced the pain? And when this joy is accompanied with a 10k prize money? HAHAHA.

I have to acknowledge that we don't have the highest quality/ most creative/ ultra jawdropping work, but let's not deny the fact that we are the veterans when it comes to mao-style presentation (especially when we are personally trained by yuanchen aka the elder of the mao tribe). I'm glad our 10-year-old clique has made a name for itself!

It's an amazing journey (even more amazing now that my graduation trip fee is settled), and I will let pictures speak for itself. A nice way to conclude my university life :)

Touring Bok Seng Shipyard

Same (coincidental) dress code with zhen!
Playing while doing our shift :)
Trying to act like Daehan Minguk Manse
Our neighbour aka the SMU peeps :)
Most frequented booth aka the talented Singpost peeps from NYP
Event helpers who came to find us when they're bored
Event helpers who came to find us when they're bored
Taking pictures with our trophy
Setup day
Setup day
The original crane that supports on two chairs LOL
Beautifully designed by yannrong and cheryl
Lunching
Mandatory toilet selca
Crazily selca-ing away before the prize presentation
Group shot with Minister Tan Chuan Jin
Team Maos being interviewed by the newspaper reporters
I mean, after all of these serious shots, this is what we truly are
Representatives of every group taking a group shot on stage
Trying to portray myself as an egg
The adorable mascot from Chan Brothers
Face of the group + Spokesperson of the group

Designs drawn for our prototype
Designs drawn for our prototype
Designs drawn for our prototype
Ah kah's masterpiece
Ok erps I gotto rush out for my tuition now.

Comments

Popular Posts