[Review] Reply 1994 Episode 21 (Final)

Do you hear me? If you do, please reply me, my 90s.


Such a beautiful and poignant ending to the 90's. With tears, laughter, heartaches, first loves, growth, kinship, and friendship, we bid farewell to the analog devices that best represent our youth and passion. And with that, we conclude the friendship of our lovable country bumpkins and a seoul major leaguer. The drama may have ended, but my love for you guys will never end.

Samcheonpo: Right now we might be pitiful salarymen who are mindful of the world, but we were once Korea’s first new generation: Generation X. We might now be ajummas who pour on the nagging like waterfalls, but once we were hot-blooded youth who hanged our lives on our oppas. And we were the first generation who was blessed to experience both an analog and digital world.

I repent for the days I used to belittle seventies music and eighties movies. That those movies, that music weren’t just movies and music, but your youth and your era—is something that I now realize when I am no longer young. December 28, 2013. In a few days, we become forty. To all the forty-year-old youths of Korea, and to everyone who lived through the nineties and endured till now, I dedicate these words to you:

Do you remember that we lived through a beautiful age, that our brilliant youth shone brightly, that our relentless loves ran hot, that we were great in years gone by. Though the next era may be a difficult one, let us live it passionately enough to be old-fashioned. That era that was so hot and innocent that I long for it with a chill. Do you hear me? If you do, answer me, my nineties. 

Credits to Dramabeans

Comments

Popular Posts