Street Scouted

I was among the jostling crowd walking at quick pace through the bus interchange just now when someone tapped me from the back. Turned around to find a smartly dressed (pretty handsome) guy cutting through the crowd and smiling there at me, and the first thought that flashed in my mind:

Did I drop something? My wallet?

Probably not, since he has nothing in his hands. Then, those survey people? No what, he has nothing in his hands. So what's your problem?

He seemed to start talking so I took off one side of my earphone.

"Hi, 我想找你拍广告..." And he stretched his hands out holding a name card.

LOL. The immediate thought was "street scouting?" followed by "scouting scam?" Anyway my habit of refusing to speak to shuaiges made me reject him without hesitation, he tried again, and I firmly turned him down. Then I walked off in suave, feeling super flattered at the same time though hahaha! Rather choose to believe I'm 'scouted' for a good cause because he didn't go around asking other people but left after I walked off to board my bus.

Many times we looked at the news and criticised people who fell for the dumb scams, but experiencing it myself really is a different story altogether. It puts me through the thinking process of what those victims might have gone through. True enough, it's convincing because I did dress up today for my presentation and evening talk, so either the guy really fell for my ultimate beauty or he's just fanning my vanity and then proceeding to scamming me. Whichever, it's not hurting me since I've said no (luckily I'm already past the celeb dream age, and my mind's full of entrepreneur dream especially after the entrepreneurship talk). What the scouting eventually does is to have injected a good dose of egoism into my already inflated head wakakaka. But I rather he's here to da shan lol, instead of what pai guang gao.

Comments

Popular Posts