IT Geek Back in Action

I’ve always thought that I don’t know my tablet very well. Proven true. For the past 6 months I’ve been scratching my head over why on earth can’t I disable that god damn security pin code (because it has become a nuisance to key it every time), and that I’ve tried all sorts of way to resolve it without the help of Google, but apparently nothing works out. Finally succumbed to the Internet and ta-da, new discovery made.

The problem generally lies with syncing a corporate mail account to your android device. For safety reasons, the certificate of this account (especially Microsoft Activesync account) will automatically ensure that your device is guarded with a password (even if it’s against your willing). So what they (heartlessly) do is that they will grey out the options of disabling, as well as ‘clearing credentials’ (another way to reinstate the disable option), so eventually you are left with no choice but to stick with a bunch of numbers (or patterns or swipes) to be keyed in every time you use your device.

Thus I bid farewell to all my mails in my mediacorp account (especially those bitcoins mails, which had me witnessed its growth from scratch till the final product), and now I could finally get rid of the irritation and use a password-free tablet happily. HAHAHAHA.

Since I’ve so much time at hand I’ve decided to take up more transcribing jobs to earn extra pocket money, and also spent my time upgrading my Microsoft office package to the 2013 version (after experiencing the version in the school’s library). So damn cool because the user interface looks comparably more clean-cut and the words seem to flow out more fluently whenever you type. I think there’s an even newer version of Microsoft Office, but until it’s out for download, maybe I’ll stick to the 2013 version.

Actually I know very well it should be time to start on my report and projects planning. Haha. Maybe I won’t be that free after all. Sian.

Comments

Popular Posts