Korea Summer Trip - JYJ Seoul Concert 2014

My new hairstyle seems to have alarmed quite a number of people. Haha yes, I’ve chopped it without any hesitation. Summer’s just too hot.

Just a week ago I’m still on the plane bound back, and after touching down at 6am, I took a cab and reached home at 6.30am. Fell into a deep slumber because somehow I couldn’t catch any sleep on the plane, and then followed by a whole week packed with activities everyday (again), from seeing my little nephew, test trying my cousin’s cooking skills (omg his cream pasta was totally jjang), accompanying my mom everywhere (including seeing MP for the utilities dispute), and then tuition, consultation with prof due to a 20% presentation due on week 2 (I know right. 20%, week 2, zzz). He said I must be very shocked to receive this news, especially when I haven’t even attended the first class and I have to present on my second. A 9am to 9pm timetable on Wednesday, another school day on Thursday, and ta-da! Today’s my beautiful Friday which I can finally take a break from everything and start to clear my mess up. Transferring photos to my hard disk now.

And then I realized the last post was written right before I went to watch JYJ concert in seoul. If I were to use one thing to sum up my whole Korea trip this summer, it would be none other but this. I mean, how hot can Yoochun get. In fact I dreamt about him last night hahahaha, he swung his arms around my shoulder to take a photo with me (KYAAAAAA!). HEEH. Putting that aside, I was just so thrilled about the concert because it was really THAT awesome. Even though I was suay enough to get caught for snapping photos and thus had them forcefully/violently/mercilessly deleted (which did affect my mood in some way), I quickly recovered and started to immerse myself with the red ocean of people. MICKY, YOU ARE SO HOTTTTTTT! Time froze when he was standing on those kind of movable stage and moved past me, I couldn’t stop screaming hahahah. Just in front me!!! But it was Junsu (who’s behind him) who looked in my direction in the end -.- Anyways, the best part was how the trio interacted on stage – this was what I have been looking for!!! Nothing beats ostracizing junsu again, hahahaha the lovable gag by yoochun and jaejoong.

The power of concert had actually driven me into doing something that I haven’t done in a while – purchasing album. LOL. Actually I was just trying my luck with the fanmeet lucky draw, which would picked 200 fans to attend. Of course I have no luck in it, but still, an amazing experience since I’ve never known this side of myself haha. (I even fell at the stairs because I was in a rush to buy the album, ‘cos the cut off time was at 7pm and it was already 6 plus then). A new self-discovery *o* I am awed by myself hahahah.


Another breakthrough in this summer trip would none other be the three days solo travel. On the first and second day I was honestly not fascinated by this ‘solo’ idea, but miraculously on the third day my mindset turned a 180 degree and I started to appreciate the true meaning of solo trip. Without any plan I got out of my guesthouse, decided to wander at the unexplored Jongno District, oh my god trust me, a place that surprised me with its uniqueness. A place full of elderly, just the perfect place I would love to be at! I just stood by to watch them play wei qi (Go chess) while waiting for my tour at Jongmyo Shrine to start. And spontaneously decided to walk all the way to Changyeong Palace and spent my remaining time listening to how Queen Inhyun was being chased out of the palace and brought back again, and the scheming Jang Hui bin (who engaged Shamans to pray for Queen Inhyun’s death) being executed for her devious act. Oooooh.

Besides my favourite palace trips, I headed to JJimjibang myself and spent an entire afternoon steaming myself inside the charcoal room and gulping my Sikhye (the very sweet Korean rice beverage). Luxuryyyyy. Pulled a comic book from the shelves and sat down there to watch, until an ahjumma came over and asked in concern why I’m here alone instead of being in school. Lol, ahjumma, Imma foreigner.

Many other interesting places that I’ve been to, if I ever find the heart and strength to write it, I’ll pen it in the next post. Heh.


Comments

Popular Posts