You Who Came From The Star (Finale)

I might be the slowest person to finish You Who Came From The Star. But I'm proud to say that... I did it! Do Min Joon!!! (A long overdue fan scream).

The final episode was kept in my itouch for the longest time ever, and somehow because 1. I have no time 2. I have no motivation 3. I can't bring myself to end it, and so, I dreaded and dragged. Finally made up my mind to witness the final destiny of Songyi and Minjoon, and then, awwww. A sweetly sad ending.

Now, time for review. While this drama has been showered with compliments from all sides (well yes, I think to a certain extent it does deserve them), saying that it is the drama of the century is a little over exaggerating. I acknowledged that having aliens with supernatural power is a refreshing idea (a mash up of all the other drama themes), and I see powerful acting skills in the veteran cast members, but somehow a nagging feeling at the back of my mind tells me that this is just another melodrama. Not strong enough to stir an impact on my emotions. I thought I was pretty calm throughout the entire series, hmph.

One question that remained unanswered in my head was, Why Cheon Song Yi? The ties that start to tangle after Minjoon saved the Songyi lookalike girl, which explains the recurring affection for her, so on and so forth. But the show did not explain why Minjoon pick her out of so many other people to save, and apparently I thought that's pretty important since it lays out the rationale behind why their paths crossed 400 years later again.

Nonetheless it's still an enjoyable drama, with bonus points of Kim Soo Hyun populating your screen every second. And for that, it is already worth watching.

"옛날에 신기하게도 집으로 돌아오는 길을 찾은 토끼가 있었답니다."


Comments

Popular Posts