One Month Anniversary

In a blink of an eye, one month has passed since the start of my internship at channel newsasia. Time really flies!

Gradually I'm adapting to the different working styles of producers, camera crew, video editors, other staff... Also I managed to try out refreshing stuff such as... directing! HAHAHA. One of my producers entrusted me the job to direct a segment, and I roped in my other intern friends to do the acting hahaha. Look out for tomorrow's MoneyMind episode at 10.30pm! The 3rd segment acting is directed by great me wohohoho. It was a thrilling experience because everyone is under my bidding *like a boss*. That aside, I enjoyed the working dynamic with co-workers of other departments (such as liaising with them), which once again highlights the utmost importance of the 'relationship' ideology in mediacorp. Work involving people is really something unlearnable in textbooks.

Also, these few weeks I have been assigned to different groups of camera crew when doing outdoor filming (now I'm just a pro navigating in Tanjong Pagar, Telok Ayer, CBD, Marina Bay after visiting them for continually two weeks), in which I got to meet so many nice uncles who gave me wise words, be it in work or in life. Even had 'kopi talk' this evening after finishing my voxpox at Amoy Street, and I was treated to free teh tarik and super duper nice curry puff. These little things that I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart, which I don't think I would get to experience it in other places. I LOVE ALL MY CAMERA UNCLESSSS!!!

Haha I think I'm becoming too long-winded, but really feel like sharing my workplace stories here. Anyway, I had met many mediacorp artistes but by far I have not seen the ones I really like, eg Zhang Zhen Huan or Qi Yuwu. Hope I can bump into them haha. Starting to work on a personal story, hopefully it will be successful and I can churn out a segment of my own and become a true producer by the end of this internship. XD

Photo time!

A pretty painting at Telok Ayer.

Stumbled onto this when I'm recceing Telok Ayer - Tanjong Pagar area.

Awesome sea view from Marina Bay Suites.





Private elevator. Talk about high end life and exclusiveness.

The warm and fuzzy teh tarik :)

Comments

Popular Posts