First Solo Outdoor Assignment - Vox Pop

Flip and die. After two days of rotting in the office, I am assigned to do a street interview (apparently the term is called vox pop) at Golden Mile Complex today. Alone. My producer ain't coming along. Me, and the cameraman, and the microphone. WHAT?!

Either they are just too busy, or they are placing too much faith in my ability. I'm not shown at all how to do it, so I literally have to learn the ropes by myself. Bite the bullet and off I departed with the microphone (labeled with the cna logo) in my hands, ambushing every single person I see. Being thick skinned and interviewing people wasn't a problem for me, but getting Thais who can speak English and willing to speak was shockingly the greatest barrier. I think I spoke to every single person in the complex, faking all sorts of tactics such as asking for directions HAHA, and THAT sucked away all my energy. Three hours of ambush and I kind of got braver and better at it, and though it's damn freaking tiring, the upside was I got to talk to super shuai Thai guys (some of them greatly resembling Nickhun omg). At that point of time you wouldn't even think twice or hold back since everyone is a potential candidate to be interviewed, so I naturally skipped the 'shy stage in front of hot guys' and immediately try to engage them in talks. LOL. Conclusion of the day: Go to golden mile complex to catch shuai thai guys. HAHAHAHA.

Returned to office to finish off the transcript before knocking off. Another producer told me we're going out for an interview and another vox pop tomorrow morning. OHMAN. Raffles Place. I think by the end of this internship I will be endowed with the ability to talk to anyone under the sun.

Comments

Popular Posts