I Was Lost, But I Am Found

Because of my news reporting assignment I was once again troubled over the need to obtain expert's voice (something I really dread doing), I mean, who on earth has time to spare for this random student and her kiddo interview when money counts for every second to them? I wouldn't, at the very least. So I was expecting cold responses when I emailed dozens of plastic surgeons last friday, all prepared that I will be fully ignored (but I'm sending it anyway, yunno, no try no gain, there must be one who's kind enough to respond). Over the weekend and till today, I was bewildered at the growing number of responses pouring in (there's even one inviting me to his office for an interview). Really, no pain no gain. I have learnt from this awesome module again that perseverance is the key to success. Quoting Ms Tan, my now-idol, "There is no answer that I can never obtain".

If you talk about people who step in to inspire your life, it will none other be the two mentors from the media writing classes who inspired me to embark on the journalist path. I used to hate the first media writing class, because the first mentor was so strict and picky that I almost died of stress, yet thanks to her my foundation was built strong and I do not fumble over the basics expected from this field. Then it was the second tutor who painted the passion in me, and made me yearn to follow her footsteps. Strangely enough, there will always be a certain someone who's so charismatic you will want to pursue after him or her as your role model. I found mine in this fateful semester, and I know it's going to affect me for life.

This may sound so ideal and pretty, but I know when another writing assignment comes, I'll be screaming curses again hahaha. You know, the usual love-hate relationship.

Ps: To be honest I don't know how to reply the 'late' replies because I have submitted my article this afternoon, aaarghs. Stress again.

Comments

Popular Posts