Head Over Heels: In A Good Way 我的自由年代

Now this is something worth recommending (with additional 5 stars) and has me currently hot on the heels. Latest drama airing in Taiwan titled In A Good Way (我的自由年代/ wo de zi you nian dai), the scene is set in the 90s of Taiwan whereby Slamdunk was the utter craze (and still is in my heart) and everyone had to queue at the telephone booth after receiving beeps from their BB calls. I hadn't have a pager myself, but I can vividly recall how my dad's pager beeped and lit up then.


At a closer look, it strikes some resemblance to the Korean Drama Reply 1997 (if any of you noticed), but what differentiates it from Reply is how the drama focuses more on the college days and meticulously paves the road of how our protagonists seek and define their freedom and youth. Moreover, the song list is able to tug our heartstrings better since many of us could identify with the songs (as compared to Reply's), thus adding bonus to the drama.

One main reason I'm so into the 90s ultimately boils down to the simplicity and pureness of people then, a stark contrast to today whereby people are darker and increasingly incomprehensible. Wait, let me rephrase. Youths, I mean. It is sad to see how our society progresses to become one complicated world full of ulterior motives, and sadly, the main players being youths, or even younger ones like kids. I could already imagine a future with babies plotting against babies. Sigh pie.

Anyway, this will not dampen my mood for the show, for it is definitely an awesome one to enjoy. The drama is currently going strong at Episode 17, set to end at twenty, and I've finished 9 episodes. Wait till I finished all my project reports and assignments... On a sidenote, my playlists are completely changed to old singers like Chen Sheng and Wu Bai now, lol. 青春,繼續熱血。

Ps: I introduced it to my Canadian Chinese friend just two days ago, and now she's already on episodes way ahead of me. Lol. 兩個人一起墮落.

Comments

Popular Posts