Monstar Episode 12 (Finale)

The finale hailed us to a monstrous ending I don't even know whether to laugh or cry – ain’t it too frustrating? Have I been played for 12 solid episodes? Why oh why, an open ending out of everything!


I did enjoy the drama when it kick started with a bunch of kids coming from different backgrounds, each brewing in complexities and waiting for us to dip and plunge into the trouble pools. But not when we were forced to halt midway because of abandoned storylines that were screaming for development, thus resulting in a sharp drop of drama quality in terms of character development and emotional triggering. I couldn't seem to find a place to root myself in, let alone immerse myself in what was being installed for me. O' What a pity. If the reconciliation between the once-friends-now-foes could be intensified, it would have painted a different picture altogether and make the whole rivalry seem more meaningful.


Another frustration that I could not get off my chest was how the boys behave towards pursuing Seyi. Yes, I understand this is an adolescence drama that revolves around eighteen year old kids, but watching how two obnoxious bulls refusing to back off each other’s butt does get on my nerves occasionally, such that I would absentmindedly slide my fingers across my tablet to fasten things up (simply because I couldn’t stand another second of nonsense). Am I just too old for all these childishness?



Drama recommended only for the singing content, otherwise it’s as good as watching yet another brainless drama (though I really shipped hard for SeolChan and Seyi). I wonder what I have been doing these few days… Here goes my perfect afternoon to study uhhuh :/ Midterms on Friday!!! A final picture to conclude my love for this couple (Ok Junhyung is with Hara in reality yes I know that).

Comments

Popular Posts