Spotting Reply 1994 Cast Member in Myeongdong

Went Myeongdong yesterday with the determination to make my new spectacles, and alas, how could we forget it's a Saturday. The favourite day artistes pick to make their appearance in this tourist attraction. 

Janice was the one nudging me with a suspicion in her voice, "Do you hear people screaming?" Urgh, no? Scanned around the vicinity and we spotted a huge swarm of running crowd. Good hearing, Janice. So we skip-ran without any idea who the heck we're chasing and entered the warzone. The crowd pushed and in no time, we're pretty much shoved to the front and in fact rather near the car.


Someone popped out from the car and everyone screamed. He waved and did the saranghae pose, and I was busy looking at him and pondering who he was. Someone from some idol group?

Janice: Jokwon?
Me: !! Jokwon?! *squint eyes* I don't think so. Who's he? *Continue staring at him and matching him to Jokwon's face for another 5 minutes*


(Photo credits to Naver)

By the time I came to my senses and whipped my phone out to capture a picture, he's back to his car. Asked a passerby (who borrowed phone from me) and she revealed that he's Yoo Yeon Suk.


Ok, who's yoo yeon suk. Googled and realised he acted in Reply 1994. Aiyah! Haven watch. If not I'll be more agitated. Anyway I considered us to be quite lucky for being so near and seeing him straight in the face (clear facial expression), because apparently there's this free hug event by him in Myeongdong and fans had been queuing up since eons ago. On the contrary, both of us were just some random passerbys happening to detect the commotion and join in the fun, then reaping the harvest effortlessly. Effort put in = 0.1% of the fans. Hah.

After the big hooha we went back on shopping spree. Here's the loot~


Yes! I made my spectacles! Initially I tried communicating in English, but figured out that the assistant looked too flustered to handle it so I changed to my broken Korean. Lol. Quite refreshing to have an eye test conducted in Korean, and also indicating the requirements I wanted. Thankfully the spectacles turned out right, woohoo I think I finally look koreanish.

Comments

Popular Posts