Skiing For The First Time

Merry Belated Christmas~ This year's Christmas I did something I've never done before.. Skiing! Specially wore my christmas jacket for this occasion ;D


Bear Town Ski Resort which we've chosen was apparently well known for its beginner slopes (according to the Korean Tourism Website), but NAH, that's plain bullshit. You call this beginner?!

photo courtesy to janice

Well, skiing is definitely not a fun sport if you don't know how to do it right. Don't ask me how I get the courage to go head on without any preparation, cos I'm puzzled myself. Happily arrived at the ski resort and being all awed at the scenery before me, and couldn't be more excited while taking the lift up the slopes. Manz, total regrets when I was up at the top, because the only way down was to ski. And fall. And die. Ok I didn't die, but bruises were unavoidable as I tumbled every slope like jack and jill. The worst was crashing into a child and ended up with a swelling right neck now. I can't turn my head, and my left butt hurts because of the blue black. Urrghs, I should have gotten proper lessons *angst*

Patricia was another poor bloke like me haha. Luckily we had each other to rely on, mentally and physically. So amid the mental breakdown we took a 苦中作乐 photo together.


In the end the best thing about skiing day was ending 2 hours earlier with Janice (a huge decision because we paid nearly $130 for the entire course) and heading to KFC to eat chicken. Well, Janice was too shagged from this demanding sport, and I was feeling so miserable (because beside the bad skiing, I couldn't build my snowman!) and needed some chicken to cheer me up. It worked!



Took shuttle bus back after some lazing around, and something wonderful happened to me. I was topping up my T-card and could secretly sense an ajumma looking at me intensely. Ok, not love interest, just that she didn't know how to purchase train ticket. It's pretty funny how I ended up in Korea teaching Koreans how to navigate their map, buy their train ticket, and which stops to alight at etc. On a sidenote, these people who approached me were ahjummas, happily thinking I'm a local. I'm NOT. NOT. NOTTTTTTTTT. So anyway I helped her and even offered to top up for her since she couldn't find her 50 won. AND SHE INSISTED TO PAY ME BACK even though I refused profusely, and then she resorted to locking me by the arms and attempting to drag me to her friend so that they could pay me. LOL. Ahjumma's strength really no joke, because I swear I couldn't free myself from her grip. She passed me a coin and I immediately accepted, fearing she might jolly flip me if I refuse again. Hah. When we finally parted and I tapped my card past the gate with janice, I realised she gave me 100won. Whooah. Not the amount that matters, but the sincerity I felt from the ahjumma for being appreciative of my help. True enough, as the chinese saying goes, 助人为快乐之本, a little action in exchange for a true smile. That ended my day in a happy note!

Comments

Popular Posts