Noryangjin Fish Market: Eating Live Octopus

After midterms today (it was surprisingly a breeze hah!) the dorm peeps and I have a little getaway to Noryangjin Fish Market to splurge on seafood. I'm not much a fan of seafood (especially raw ones), but since I'm in Seoul already, I must have a go at the live octopus.


Pretty taken aback at how I did not hesitate to shove the octopus down my throat. In fact, I enjoyed the little massages those tentacles gave me when they sucked on my tongue. Haha. So the pieces I took to eat grew from small to huge, until I can feel them hanging onto my teeth and vacuuming my gums away. Lol. Nice!


The other one which I enjoyed most was probably abalones. 4 for krw10000, which means about $3 for 1. Have them grilled and it was my favourite.


Lobster was steamed but I guess I really don't take a liking to prawn-type food. Meat was definitely in abundance since it cost a freaking... 150 bucks? Well, there's seven of us, so it was affordable after all. In total we ate sashimi, lobster, abalone, octopus, and it was krw27000 (~$30) per person. 




Obviously we weren't full after this seafood feast so we went for street food for round 2 haha. Shared pizza cheese fried rice, bacon chicken rice, and then an icecream waffle for myself!





Comments

Popular Posts