Movie: Avatar

Told myself to skip the concert the guys are going tonight (Line up: Beast, 2AM, B1A4 etc etc) and start revision today, but holy shit, I slept till 2.30pm this morning hahahaa! There goes my plan, and a little trip to nakseongdae park as well. So I decided to nua in my room and cook myself some cheese ramen (with the so-korean bronze pot lol!) and do this week's laundry, and after a pizza dinner with the no-life dorm peeps I picked a movie to watch for my after dinner activity - Avatar.

Can't believe that's a 3 years ago show. It seems like yesterday when everyone was still excitedly discussing about it. Thanks to my unwavering determination to turn down all forms of spoilers, I hold zero clues to what was installed for me.


How should I go about reviewing this. In all aspects it's supposed to be a fantastic piece, but what truly intrigued me was Jake Sully's decision to leave his body and live as his avatar (Haha I'm definitely not thinking it's a waste to abandon such a handsome face). When the real world could no longer give him what he truly needs, he turns to the other world where he could run, speak, and breath freely, a mirror image to many others who seek comfort in the virtual world. And like what Jake mentioned, in midst of switching between identities, he lost his sense of self and could no longer tell who he truly is. Was he losing his self, or merely finding a new self?

Anyways, Avatar 2 coming soon. Let's see his struggle upon discovering living in this world is no heaven either.

Comments

Popular Posts