Itazura na Kiss ~ Love in Tokyo Episode 16 (Finale)

ねえー 気づいてる?
*Song stuck in the head since*


Time to bid farewell to the longest jdrama ever: 16 episodes worth of tugs and pull.

*Emergency cut in: Accumulative fatigue from work sent me to dreamland while blogging this halfway. Whooah. Ohno! I missed my The Dream Makers Finale!!! Who did Jason end up with???! Please tell me it's Tonglin. Definitely need to catch this in xinmsn tomorrow after work. Yes YES I need to work Tmr, on a Saturday. Dunno why doctors need to hold their AY meeting in hotels but my boss told me to cab there and be with her to take minutes throughout the meeting. I haven told her how lousy I am at such stuff, well, tomorrow shall speak for itself.*

Lol okay, back to Itazura na Kiss finale review... where was I? Oh, tugs and pull. Naoki's coldstone heart finally feels something after 16 freaking long weeks (alright not that long, he did express some interest since a few episodes ago), and alas! He did some service to viewers by turning so mushy all of a sudden (towel scene), and 3 times 뽀뽀 scenes. Hah, yea, just pecks. I don't think they could afford French kisses like the Taiwanese version, since the girl's real age is only 15... Nevertheless, I AM so thankful Naoki's character hasn't change that much even after confession (the ever deadpan facial expression), if he does, he must have suffered some kind of serious blow to have his personality turned upside down overnight. Which would then be just.so.wrong. Character inconsistency you see.

But as a fangirl, obviously I'm still yearning for him to smile more, 'cos he looks so cute when he smiles *melts* hahah! I don't think I need to elaborate more about the storyline, if you need it please Wikipedia coz apparently they're plastered everywhere, whichever version you want. But overall I will assess this version to be the best in terms of portraying Kotoko's character, because it doesn't put her under the light of being some silly girl reacting stupidly and doing idiotic actions, but as someone who's really pure hearted, understanding and chasing something she believes in. And for that, kudos to the Japanese production team for making such an awesome version, you have successfully secured your own territory and not lose out in remakes of your very own manga series.

Comments

Popular Posts