Love my boss. She takes care of me like a mother and makes sure she grabs a mask for me be it free or charged. Despite it being a simple act, it's the thought that counts, and I was actually quite touched by it. Not all the temps there have similar treatment - I think I'm the only temp with N95 mask haha.

Had a short meetup with lingzhuo on tue night to munch dinner and collect my itouch ( a 'new' one) at Cityhall. Now I'm free from the insensitive button hassle, however the system seemed to be a little unstable given that I'd experienced several crashes while downloading shows, which means revisiting the repair centre wont be long from now. By the way, the 炸鱼片粗米粉汤 at funan digital mall foodcourt is superb. Think I'll be going back to taste it again.

Celebrated cheryl's 21st on wednesday (yes, actual day!). Had korean bbq for brunch and then wandered a bit in vivocity before going into theatres to watch Man of Steel, Superman. It's so nice! Other than having too many fighting scenes, the overall plot was decent and I loved how noble idiocy was avoided for this version of Superman. Apparently, over righteous heroes just turn me off.

Pok dropped by at Novena on thursday to accompany me for lunch, had Manhattan and I slacked with her for one and a half hour before returning to office. So essentially, I gave myself a two hours break but haha, my boss seemed fine with it. Okay. I should stop testing her limits in case misfortune befalls.

Oh ya. I was so shocked this morning. Was downloading shows to the desktop in an empty office (everyone has run off to buy mask hah), and it took like only 3 seconds to download?! Note: The usual average time is 15-20min. After realising how fast the speed was I spent the entire morning exploiting the office's internet and downloaded tons of shows yay. Mission accomplished. Shall continue this secretive operation next monday heeh.

A week has passed and I guess I've turned into an expert in photocopying, scanning, filing, printing, pasting tags, keying data, changing toner, refilling paper, saving files, fiddling with excel, wasting paper... A different thing perhaps is how my boss and I would discuss how to organise the data. Was surprised she asked for my opinion, because usually temps are just there to 'do whatever the perms say', so it was refreshing how my ideas were valued and taken into consideration, regardless of how minor they were. Look forward to working next week!

Having the last go for Kasuka no Kanojo (Faint Her). I think I will cry madly for the finale, judging from how I teared for the second last.

Comments

Popular Posts