Being fast and furious tonight.

Never a fan of racing cars, so it is rather surprising I'm willing to walk into theatres to catch the 6th sequence, given that I've not watched a single FF series. The movie, as expected, is furiously noisy with the roaring engines so I ended up with no choice but to press my ears to reduce the noise pollution. The story is just as hollywooish as ever, protagonists pulling off heroic stunts with the help of big guns (and tanks), and they raced the cars for what seems like forever before one guy (in the show) voiced out and summarised the thought that has been racing through my mind all these while: Damn, this is crazy. I dunno, from what I have experienced, hollywood action movies tend to have two types, one with brainy plot + actions, and the other with fluffy actions + just fluffy actions. FF6 fits the latter. The movie starts with a bang, continues with the booms and zrooms, then comes to an end. Not a single emotional fluctuations or brain racking moments, but only an irritated me seething with pained eyes and eardrums.

Brainless movie aside, for the first time I had an unpleasant experience with audience beside me. What seems like a group of aged 10 plus international kids who failed in getting seats together and started asking people whether they can switch seats. I would have no problem if they ask me to shift one/two seats away, but they pointed to a far far far far away corner seat. Well, before I could reject, Lingzhuo turned them down firmly. What happened next just made me roll my eyes.

The boy totally sticks to me and starts to whine. Like, SERIOUSLY. Lying onto me and telling me he would pay me more money, which I replied "I have money, I dont need your money". Lingzhuo came to the rescue by saying "Please behave yourself". Cool, because that shuts him up and drives him back to his seat. I know this might sound so evil and everything, but rarely would I find children irritating unless they are really overboard, such as the few girls in the group flung and scattered their bags on the floor (we were all in first row) and started lying down like it was their living room (yes, on the floor), then the boy occupied two seats, one with his butt on and the other to rest his legs (so he was lying down in a sense already), and the whole group keeps running around in front of you throughout the movie to play/sms/talk/buy food/idunnowhatshittheyweredoing. The engines from the movie drowns their voices, but definitely not their ninja shadows. I dont know. I wasnt angry, but neither am I feeling great. Just, well, shocked and surprised that such people exist. Maybe I'm just too old to understand the young already?

Oh right I should end this complaint post with an update on haw par villa trip on last monday! Honestly I find it very thrilling because it was vastly different from my last impression of hawpar when I visited during my childhood years. Would have been better if the weather wasn't that scorching hot, but overall I find it contenting and a place worth visiting. Revisit our roots as the descendants of Yan and Huang and find back the Chinese mythologies that used to fantasize us, not forgetting the morals and values passed down by the ancestors!

Comments

Popular Posts