Every time when I have a late night few-hours-long conversation with my mom, I can't help but feel the pang of helplessness. If only I could be older, take up the responsibility weighing heavily on her shoulders and slump it onto mine, and let her rest from then onwards. The steps I've planned since my graduation from hwachong have gradually shifted from being financially independent to hoping I could be the household's breadwinner, a decision that is hard to come to but deemed necessary. Not confident if I can manage well, but at least I'm certain if I don't start it now, I will regret in time to come.

My future (2 years later) vision: Mommy sitting comfortably at home watching TV in the afternoon, like how she used to be when I was still in primary school. No 5am alarm clock, 9pm dozing off on the sofa due to fatigue. And this vicious cycle is never ever a cycle again. Dad goes out doing his fishing/taking his car for a spin/lazing around, and stops being the grumpy old man who complains about aging. I hope they could find joy in their late years, and no longer be worked to death. That, is just so heartbreaking, I don't want it.

And for my vision to come true, I shall aim to become a more competent person from now onwards. AJAAAAAA!

Comments

Popular Posts