7th Grade Civil Servant Ep20 (Finale)


One thing for sure, we're going to miss Gilro's geeky face, plus two spoonful of cute whinings. I've never liked Joowon, but now I do. Why you so adorable!

The finale spells the ultimate showdown between the baddies and the goodies, interchangeable since I'm pretty hesitant who to be named which. Honestly I was looking forward to seeing how they are resolving the core conflict in merely one episode, and then my jaw dropped in disappointment. Thus far, the show has been doing a decent job in paving the path towards the final climax, so I chose to pour in my heart and soul believing that they are blasting me off at the ending. Not expecting towards the wrong end though. The focus of the remaining episodes should have been towards how the revenge is intercepted with true remorse shown and forgiveness given, all these through genuine tears and words, and not because gunshots force you to throw the big guns away. The show could have knocked a more solid emotional turbulence into us, instead of the brief account to the abrupt ending of the 19-episodes-long revenge story. That's a huge pity, honestly.

Then again, Seowon-Gilro couple is just too cute to resist. I have no complaint about how loving they are, in fact they seem to be the first couple so far in korean drama history to have zero breakup record. Oh wait they did, I forgot the first mission full of lies and deceit that leads to the greatest fallout between them. Anyway, Joowon is still the rejuvenating factor that amuses me much, and for this, I announce that you're officially my 007.

Ratings! A fairly decent drama that you can take some time off to watch, little fastforwarding does no harm especially when seowon's parents hold their daily meeting.

Comments

Popular Posts