My NM assignment published on Kent Ridge Common thanks to my friend, and my first time tasting the feeling of having an article published as a reporter. Excitement, that's for sure, but paranoia dwells in as well as i double and triple checked for accuracy. You know, in fear of people saying "Hey. I didn't say that!"

http://kentridgecommon.com/?p=18145

That aside, I've always wanted to blog about something nice that happened to me recently. It is also the main reason for my turnaround of sour mood which had been lingering for quite some time.

A week ago I received an email telling me my NM design was shortlisted for an exhibition, and I went "oh, okay". Not feeling much, thinking it was just a random exhibition. Then I turned up for my tutorial and my teacher told me my piece was competing with another person's to be presented to the guest of honor, which then made me go, "wow, u're kidding". I admit it did create a little ripple in my tiny winky heart, because it'd been a while since I've thrown myself into a competition and this had invoked the competitiveness sleeping within me. It was later confirmed I won HAHA, and I googled to see what kind of exhibition it is. So it is an annual exhibition the whole CNM department toils over, students and professors alike, and they select works amongst all cnm modules to be exhibited. That makes my work more valuable hah, in my opinion. My tutor who is an artist said mine was great from the artistic point of view (and i go shuanngggg inside me); another tutor who is a super pro PR practitioner said mine was awesome from the academic point of view (I go even shuannggeerrrr coz she never praised me like this when I was in her class last sem). And this triggers a thought in me, should I really put down all concerns and just head towards designing? Hmm.

The exhibition will be held this friday at 6.30pm, marina bay sands. It'll be great to have someone to accompany me there (since i know no one), but then if no, I shall brave the winds and charge there myself anyway haha. And I can't believe I'm already receiving interview request for this, 跩 max haaaha. Don't worry I'll try hard to be humble.

Comments

Popular Posts