What starts off as a shallow show... Don't be fooled by its facade!! Hot pick of the recent many taiwanese dramas: KO ONE II.


When the ridiculous setting gradually evolves into something more than stupid giggles, you know the meaty stuff are here. I can't believe how gripping the show was, always keeping you tense and having you yearn for more. Seriously, dumb show? Try saying that again after you're half past the show, and you'll know who's the airhead.


The only possible frustration I had was the disappearance of Jiro. As a loyal fan I waited faithfully behind the curtains of patience, held onto the belief that Jiro is making a comeback. 14 episodes passed in the absence of Wang Da Dong, and I knew they did it. Right, drama strategy of baiting viewers with Jiro-bait and making us stick to the show with the new boy band. I'm not THAT picky since I've growing fond of the characters, but saying 'I don't feel cheated' is a lie. Letting Jiro appear to wrap up the ending is not doing things better, I rather he stays missing so that I wont have that strange sense of loss due to his abrupt appearance and subsequent ending of the whole drama after ten seconds. Like, hhuh? He's back! Wait, dont go, NOOOO. *end of show*. Thankfully they compensated me with a well scripted story which made me go wooooo, haaaaaaa, urrrgghhh, and finally... wahhhhhhhhh T.T (tearing up on the mrt for the first time, gosh).


Though there are still holes here and there, I would safely say KO ONE II has UP UP UP the standard from its first season. I cant bear the pain to finish first season, but I breezed through second season. The time warp element may be at its fledgling stage, but the acting of the veterans is no joke. Thumbs up for the many new actors as well, I am equally convinced by your potential and cant wait for more works in the near future!


For the last time... IT'S PARTY TIME!

Comments

Popular Posts