Nice Guy Ep 19 & 20(Final)

It's dramatic enough, their lives. What could have been a simple romance between an ordinary dating couple, turned out to be otherwise. Then again, what's drama without complications.


Nice guy had my butt safely strapped to the seat for a good 10+ episodes, before I started questioning the absurdity of Maru's principles. Things could have been kept plain and simple, so honestly all conflicts we see later were mainly brewed by Maru's wrong sense of responsibility. When he asked two women to run away with him, I couldn't express how ridiculous it felt, and how much I wanted to punch sense into him. Yes, people's decision can easily be influenced, but making the final decision is up to them and it's exactly what moulds a person's character. Saying JaeHee is becoming a monster because of you, I would say, is thinking too highly of yourself. You aid, not make. Shrew the noble crap of shouldering responsibility and get on your feet, please.


Oh ya, and they play with amnesia as if it's free. Well, I know they don't charge you to use it, but aren't you overdoing it? My jaw dropped to ground level when Maru revealed he forgot everything. So what's 19 and 3/4 episodes for? To treat us as fools? Yet on the side note, it admittedly serves well as the last device to end the conflicts. Like how Maru's prayer goes about starting afresh with Eunki in the next life, forgetting is perhaps the best definition for what he meant next life. For that, I'm letting my dissatisfaction slide and accept Maru's happiness happily. For Joongki's sake.

Comments

Popular Posts