Companies review their overall performance every year. Annual reports are churned out to flaunt their stunning achievements. Likewise, Chinese New Year is yet another annual event whereby everyone has to face the judgement test.

Wearing pretty clothes not to satisfy oneself, plastering makeups for the sake of impressing others. Clear stage, safe. Got to surpass last year's image, and show that you did not live the past year in vain. Brag the stuff you're doing now, fake the most goosebumpy conversation ever, and smile. Just smile like a log. And no one shall have the slightest doubt.

This year's fashion show, as expected, received overwhelming responses. 
"OMY, I cant recognise you!". 
"You dyed your hair?!"
"Mei nv~"

As much as one wants to stay humble, it's hard not to succumb to these sweet talks. I admit I did smile like a geek, and tried very hard to compose my 'demure' self. Well, that's shallow, I agree. But it's once-a-year thing, so who cares.

And there's this annual meeting with my cousins (*note: last time i saw them was last year). Unexpectedly, we have a fair bit of discussion about our future. Guess these are what people of our age really like to talk about. I was taken by surprise how mature my younger cousin has become, to the point he made me attain enlightenment in regards to my recent dilemmas about life. I'm so glad I did talk to him (oh yeah, and my elder cousin!), really. To that, new goals set for the new year!

Poky made CNY warmy-and-fuzzy by deciding to facetime from Malaysia (LOL). I never knew she was a huge fan of mine, crazily snapping photos of Great me and even making a collage out of them. Of course, any angle and I still look angelic. Yes, stop that judging look and accept this fact.

Oh yea I so-cant-wait-for another round of interviews tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular Posts