Mixed feelings. This semester is perhaps the best I have performed out of my past semesters in NUS, which I should be happy about, yet I can't bring myself to feel satisfied for the fact that it didn't live up to my expectations. I thought I could have fared better, especially in the supposed 'easy' modules quoted by others, however they are the exact tripping stones that slump me over. Maybe I should really think twice before taking ambiguous marking scheme modules such as new media design (nm2210), which wasn't what I have initially thought it to be. It was nothing but an assessment of your personal knowledge towards the world of digital design, and the worst thing was it didn't matter whether you went through the syllabus/lessons because they didn't help - you remain an airbag even after the module ended. I wouldn't complain that much if the module is useful, or say induce me with more practical/theoretical knowledge, take for instance the social work module Human Lifespan (sw2104), which was the one I under performed but have no grudge towards it, simply because it teaches me greater things like life. I am now more sensitive towards what my parents are experiencing, or be aware of what to take note before I turn old and regret. You see, that's what I meant by practical stuff, though sadly I only get by with a B+. Not really that surprised though, given how my group project (which we later learn holds a huge weightage) screws up, but still, angssssstttt.

Another nm module that got my mood plunged was the research methods of communications (nm2102), which was very similar to the statistic-series every fass major seems to have. I thought I could achieve a beautiful A+ or A given the effort I pumped in for it (though I skipped almost half the lectures), but sadly it came out as an A-. On the contrary, the most worrying module which I always complain to pok aka the public relation module (nm2219 - principles of communications management) didn't turn out too bad, it was the average B+ so I am neither happy nor sad. Finally, perhaps the only one that I truly feel happy when I see it... Korean 3 achieved the highest record I have had so far... A-! Haha, you will know how it felt when previously I only got a B, and how people around me try to dissuade me from pursuing Korean further. Can you now see it's not Korean that screw me but that damn nm design mod?! Why must I have a B- every semester! Sigh.

What's left is to stop my adventurous spirit and choose the upcoming modules wisely.

Comments

Popular Posts