Before I start off with anything, just an exciting discovery to share... My bag looks like what Yoochun has in RTP ep16!!! So it's so so so worth of the 60000won hahaha!!!


Can't believe I slept till this hour. Reality finally sunk in while browsing through the Net, that I'm no longer in Korea, and this made me feel nostalgic. The squeezy toilet, the idols advertisements plastered everywhere, the repeated english and new korea songs playing nearly everywhere, the Koreans speaking korean language... Looking back, I particularly enjoyed the short conversations exchanged with the locals, it made me feel that what I have learnt for the past two semesters are proven solid and are further boosted with hands on experience in Korea. The tone is there yo. Apparently all of us felt pretty elated that we were not mistaken as tourists (either we look trendy like the fashionable koreans or are with the typical korean looks), they just blabber korean at us until cheryl's universal body language tells otherwise. That aside, I missed my banana milk, and all the food. And all our cheroros and kahohos. It'd been such a short (well, not really short when we are in seoul) but fun trip, I'll miss all.

If you ask whether I will want to revisit Seoul, that'd been a hard question. For the food, yes, but for the life over there, basically it is like visiting numerous bugis streets littered with the Chinese. If I were to go there again, perhaps it'll be places away from seoul which I may get to see a different view other than the commercialized city areas. Places like Busan, Daegu or Jejudo? Also, I cant help but compare Korea with Taiwan, Korea is fun this time round because of the fresh experience with foreign language and of course, with the people I go with. There is also no restriction unlike the ones we have when we go with the school (or travel agency), which I find pros and cons actually. I guess places with unfamiliarity should have the school planning for you so that you will see what you should see, and once you are familiarized with it you can then explore on your own... which makes me want to go taiwan now! We can plan a taiwan trip for the next holiday, how about that, people?! Another thing perhaps is that I have all along treated Korea as a holy place mainly because of the too successful promotion of Korea by the Korean Wave, which contributes to why I am a little crestfallen over there. They live like us, or should I say they simply live like the people in China aside the language spoken? I need to adjust my mindset and put Korea back to the correct standard if I want to go there for SEP, other than their fashions, everything is a lie, i swear. Especially their soju.

Last thing, I will miss their television. No more turning to any channel and getting to listen to Korean language, which cheryl should now be so happy about. My final conclusion is, it is KPOP that I love, K-lang that I second love (to understand KPOP), and K-life that I have the least interest in. If my job is in Korea, I will go only to their media industry then, nothing to do with their other aspect. 끝!

Omg, I spent an hour typing this post. 암튼 이상가 내 한국여행 리뷰입니다. 수고하셨어!

Comments

Popular Posts